Our dietician treats patients suffering from issues such as chronic diseases, obesity, childhood eating problems, allergies and many more.
The dietician also acts as the weight reduction coordinator of Mediclinic Parkview Hospital’s obesity programme. This programme offers surgical and non-surgical options to lose weight and manage your health through individualised treatment plans and lifestyle modifications designed to bring about sustainable change.
All nutritional plans are revised on a regular basis in order to evaluate the client’s response to the recommended nutritional therapy.
Conditions covered for adults:
- Overweight /Obesity
- Elevated cholesterol levels and triglycerides
- Insulin resistance/Glucose intolerance (pre-diabetic)
- Metabolic syndrome
- Type 2 diabetes
- Type one diabetes
- Chronic/ acute renal failure,
- Gastroenterology e.g. chrons’, celiac, ulcerative colitis, pancreatitis, encephalopathy etc.
- Patients requiring h artificial nutrition ( tube feeding, PEG…)
Conditions covered for children:
- Childhood obesity, Diabetes Mellitus (symptoms of the metabolic syndrome – hyperlipidemia, hypertensinon, impaired glucose tolerance)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Food allergies (meeting children’s requirements when certain food groups are eliminated)
- Complementary feeding (weaning from breast/bottle to solids)
- Fussy eaters, poor growers, failure to thrive
- Bottle feeding guidelines
- Immunonutrition (children with weak immune systems)
- Nutrition for children with feeding difficulties (neurological problems, tube fed, Downs, CP etc)
- Gastrointestinal related ( e.g. chrons’, ulcerative colitis etc.)