The liver unit at Mediclinic Parkview Hospital treats a diverse range of liver conditions.
- Fatty liver disease - running a non-alcoholic fatty liver disease clinic (NAFLD)
- Autoimmune liver diseases such as;
- Primary biliary cholangitis (PBC)
- Autoimmune hepatitis
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC)
- Diagnosis and management of liver cirrhosis and associated complications:
- Portal hypertension
- Hepatic encephalopathy
- Metabolic and rare liver diseases such as:
- Genetic haemochromatosis
- Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency
- Wilson's diseases
- Benign and malignant liver lesions including
- Hepatic adenomas
- Hepatocellular carcinoma
- Pancreaticobiliary diseases including:
- Complex gallstone disease
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Pancreatic stone disease
We are also able to provide long term management of post-liver transplant patients.
Depending on your diagnosis, we aim for you to see a specialist within two weeks of us receiving your referral. They will discuss with you the best way to treat your condition.