The Emergency Department at Mediclinic Airport Road Hospital deals with all kinds of emergencies and we have experts who are internationally trained to deal with different kind of emergency situations. The department is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The department provides the highest level of care and has achieved the international protocol for cardiology cases for acute myocardial infarction.
Services include but not limited to:
- Cardiological emergencies (AMI, heart failure) with 24 hours access to cath lab
- Surgical emergencies (acute appendicitis, intestinal obstruction)
- Orthopaedics and traumatology (fractures, dislocations and emergency management of open wounds)
- Medical emergencies (pneumonia, asthma, bronchitis)
- Nephrology cases (renal failure, nephritis )
- Neurology cases (stroke, multiple sclerosis)
- Endocrinology cases (hyperglycaemia, diabetic ketoacidosis)
- Gastroenterology cases (gastrointestinal bleeding)
- Paediatric cases
- Obstetric and gynaecological cases
Wide range of critical care services (airway management, advanced adult, pediatric and neonatal life support)