Mediclinic Airport Road Hospital’s Ophthalmology department is operated by experienced physicians, each with their own subspecialties. Our eye experts are known for being friendly and patient-orientated, offering high quality services to patients of all ages.
The Ophthalmology department’s spectrum of care ranges from general eye examinations to the most complex eye surgeries, such as intraocular premium lens implant and advanced vitreoretinal surgeries.
The team has access to a dedicated operating theatre specially designed for eye surgeries with advanced equipment and a specialised post-operative recovery area.
- Minimal sutureless cataract surgery (phacoemulsification) with premium intraocular lens implant for spectacle-free vision.
- Advanced vitreo-retinal surgery especially in diabetic eye disease , various posterior segment pathologies ranging from urgent Retinal detachment repair to retinal membrane peeling, macular hole repairs and managing advanced Diabetic Eye Disease
- Comprehensive management of Vitreoretinal pathologies requiring intravitreal injections, intravitreal implants and retinal lasers
- Pterygium excision with amniotic membrane grafting
- Lasik refractive surgery for vision correction .
- Cross linkage for keratoconus management
- Squint surgery for correction of eye misalignment both in children and adults
- Glaucoma medical and surgical management with the implantation of the latest technology in shunt implants as the Express device and the iStent.
- Retinal Laser treatment for diabetic retinopathy and retinal hole / tears.
Visual field assessment , anterior segment and retinal wide field OCT imaging with angiography ( Hiedelberg engineering) , Fundus Fluorescein Angiography for retinal diseases , corneal topography (pentacam) and A / B scan eye ultrasound.