Neurology and Neurosurgery Services
The Neurology department at Mediclinic Airport Road Hospital offers an appropriate team approach for nervous system care with comprehensive case management and the development of an individualised treatment plan.
Our expert team is committed to providing the highest quality of healthcare services to patients with central and peripheral nervous system related disorders.
- Cerebrovascular pathology (stroke)
- Epilepsy (adult and adolescent)
- Headache (adult and adolescent)
- Movements disorders (tremors, Parkinson’s disease and apparent syndromes)
- Peripheral nervous system disorders (polyneuropathies, myopathies, myasthenia, radiculopathies, plexopathies)
- Multiple sclerosis and other inflammatory disease of central nervous system
- Dementia , Alzheimer’s disease and other cognitive disorders
- Sleep disorders and further sleep study
- EEG (awake and asleep) and further video EEG
- EMG and nerve conduction study
The Neurosurgery Department delivers all types of neurosurgery for benign or malignant tumours in different areas of the brain and spinal cord, congenital cranial or spinal malformations, hydrocephalus cases in adults and children, cerebro-vascular disease, deep brain stimulation and surgical types of intracranial bleeding and infarction.
- Trauma to the brain and head (depressed skull fractures, intracranial hematomas)
- Spinal diseases such as herniated disc prolapse of the spine (cervical, dorsal and lumbar) and spinal canal stenosis, laminectomy and fixation, also pain treatment including epidural and facet joint injections and implantation of electrical devices for pain management
- Trauma of the spine including fractures and fixation
- Peripheral nerves treatment such as carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar nerve neurolysis and nerve cut injuries with nerve transplantation
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Nerve conduction studies (NCS)
- Visual evoked potentials (VEP)