Nephrology / Dialysis
The Nephrology services at Mediclinic Airport Road Hospital are provided by a multidisciplinary team involving consultant nephrologists, experienced dialysis nurses, dieticians, vascular surgeons and trained ancillary staff.
We provide care for the following conditions;
- Diabetic kidney disease
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Chronic kidney disease
- Acute kidney failure
- End-stage renal disease on dialysis
- Pre-transplant evaluation of donor and recipient of kidney transplantation
- Rheumatological disease affecting kidney SLE
- Kidney stone disease
- Electrolyte imbalance
The Haemodialysis Unit provides dialysis services for ESRD patients and patients with acute kidney failure.
The following services are provided in our unit:
- Daily rounds by a Consultatnt Nephrologist
- Monthly multidisciplinary team review
- Dietician consultation
- Patient education
- Periodic review regarding referral for renal transplantation
Operating hours - Saturday to Thursday 7AM to 9PM
Emergency dialysis is provided round the clock
To book an appointment for dialysis, please call +971 2 494 4674 or +971 2 494 4675.
We have the facility to provide plasma exchange in the ICU.
We provide training for peritoneal dialysis so that the patients can do dialysis at home.