The department of Vascular Surgery at Mediclinic Airport Road Hospital is run by highly trained surgeons delivering state of the art vascular care. Our multidisciplinary team is equipped with cutting edge technology to assess and treat variours vascular diseases. We are committed to delivering quality service and excellent care for your vascular health.
Vascular surgery is a sub-speciality of surgery and is the only speciality trained to treat diseases of the arteries, veins and lymphatics most effectively by medical therapy, minimally invasive catheter procedures and surgical reconstruction.
Vascular surgery procedures can be open, endovascular or a hybrid of both. They include the following:
- Abdominal and thoracic aortic reconstruction
- Reconstruction of carotid arteries for stroke prevention
- Reconstruction of mesenteric and renal arteries
- Management of peripheral vascular disease of the legs and fighting limb loss
- Management of diabetic foot and lower limb ulcers
- Creating and managing haemodialysis access for renal patients
- Management of peripheral vascular disease of the arms including Raynaud’s disease
- Management of vascular injuries and major trauma
- Management of lower limb swelling caused by vascular disease
- Treatment of varicose veins by endovenous laser, radio frequency, and glue ablation
- PortAcath insertion for chemotherapy
- Vascular reconstruction after major surgery for oncology