Our goal at Mediclinic Airport Road Hospital is to help every individual maximise functional performance and achieve independence and community integration.
Operational Hours: Saturday - Thursday (7am-9pm)
Our methods involve an interdisciplinary team who work together to increase function, decrease pain and disability, and maximise performance at work, in school, during recreation and in all other areas of life.
Mediclinic Airport Road Hospital was among the first major institutions in the UAE to organise and develop an independent department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R), managed by a specialist accredited physician who provides physical, medical diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation services for patients with disorders involving neuromuscular, musculoskeletal and cardiopulmonary systems.
Our PM&R department also offers a specialised unit that utilises custom made orthotics and splints.
- Rehabilitation of joint pathologies such as arthritis and ligament injuries
- Rehabilitation of neurological cases such as hemiplegia, Parkinsons and facial palsy
- Occupational therapy services
- Management of hand injuries and post-op tendon repairs
- Management of low back pain , neck pain and joint pain
- Physiotherapy services using state of the art machines and gym equipment
- Local intra-articular injections for joint pain
- Soft tissue injection and trigger points injection for all painful musculoskeletal conditions
- Management of spasticity with botox injection
- Sports and spinal injuries
- Lymphedema treatments with pneumatic pressure massage machines
- Rehabilitation of rheumatologic diseases
- Paediatric rehabilitation for cerebral palsy, brachial plexus injury and muscular dystrophy
- Cardiac rehabilitation