Mediclinic Parkview Hospital’s Knee Clinic is a specialist dedicated unit focused on managing patients of all age groups and all ranges of activity level, from high performance athletes to those suffering from debilitating knee arthritis.
Our highly experienced knee surgeons work with a specialist musculoskeletal radiologist, as well as physiotherapists, to provide world class individualised care to the patient in the most effective and compassionate manner. This unit is focused on managing all knee conditions ranging from joint preservation surgery to knee replacement surgery.
Apart from managing adult knee injuries, our team also specialises in managing ligament injuries in children and adolescents.
Conditions treated at the clinic include:
- Trauma including fractures of the bones around the knee
- Osteoarthritis affecting the knee
- Ligament injury – anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), medial collateral ligament (MCL), posterolateral corner injury
- Articular cartilage injury
- Tendon injury or inflammation (such as jumper’s knee)
- Bursitis and cysts affecting the knee