Infectious Disease Medicine offers diagnosis and treatment of adults and children with a variety of infectious diseases.
- Infectious disease consultations for patients referred by their primary care physicians for evaluation and management of suspected or proven bacterial, viral, fungal or parasitic infections
- Treatment of infections following hospitalisation or surgery
- Treatment of infections in patients receiving immunosuppressive therapy
- Treatment of illness contracted during travel, including tropical destinations
- Outpatient antimicrobial therapy (for patients who require prolonged intravenous antibiotics following discharge from the hospital)
- Prevention of infections following exposure (e.g. meningitis, varicella etc.)
- Immunisations against Hepatitis B, Influenza, pneumococcal disease and others