The advantages and disadvantages of the use of technology by children!
There are a number of advantages and disadvantages associated with the use of technology amongst children. It is important for parents to be aware of the pros and cons in order to find the right balance.
Let’s explore them here:
Some of the advantages of the use of technology:
- A source of edutainment for children
- Allows them to connect with family and friends
- Helps them become independent learners
- Helps prepare children for the future as it teaches them digital literacy skills that they will need later in life
- Helps improve their cognitive and intellectual development
- Helps improve their language skills
Some of the disadvantages of the overuse of technology:
- Promotes a sedentary lifestyle due to decreased play time
- Exposure to harmful content
- Reduces the imagination of children as they are investing less time in imaginative play
- Children may struggle with time management as they interact with technology
- Decreased concentration
- The overuse of technology may adversely impact their quality of sleep
Now that you are aware of the pros and cons, help your children make the best of technology use time!