Sunil Kumar Sanka Dr.
- Paediatric Cardiology
- Paediatric and neonatal echocardiography
- Assessment of children and infants with heart murmurs, symptoms of syncope/fainting, chest pains, palpitations
- Acquired heart disease in childhood
- Echocardiographic screening of infants and children with family history of congenital heart disease/genetic disorders/cardiomyopathy
Other areas of interest:
- Nutritional and GI related problems - abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhoea, coeliac disease, milk allergy, failure to thrive, food intolerance
- Asthma and toddler wheezing
- Well child/infant clinics
- Dr Sunil Kumar Sanka has been practising in field of Paediatrics for nearly fifteen years. He obtained CCT in Paediatrics from the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, London in 2012. He worked as fellow in Cardiology at Glenfield Hospital and Birmingham Children's Hospital, UK. He was working as a Consultant Paediatrician with expertise in Cardiology at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital NHS Trust, UK before he moved to Abu Dhabi.
- He secured a Diploma in Child Health in 2004 from Royal College of Physicians, UK and MRCPCH in 2006 from RCPCH, London. He holds a postgraduate certification in Paediatric Echocardiography from the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging. He is interested in clinical research and has presented in several national and international conferences, as well as publishing various research articles in the field of Paediatrics. He has presented several clinical audits and actively participated in clinical governance to improve clinical effectiveness and quality of health care. He is an active provider for Advanced Paediatric Life Support and Neonatal Life Support.
- CCT (Paediatrics)
- EACVI Certification in Paediatric Echocardiography (EACVI)